Friday, August 7, 2009

My Bear Quilt

Here is another one of my quilts I came across over the weekend. This was a BOM from Country Pieces (Orange, NSW, Australia) and as I am a teddy bear lover, I decide to make this quilt into a doona cover. That way I will use the quilt.... one day!
I ended up adding the half square triangle row on the top and bottom so it would fit a queen sized doona.
This is a close up of one of the appliqued blocks.

To make it into a doona cover, I had the quilt top quilted the same way as if it was going to be a normal quilt, but instead of adding the binding, I bought a queen sized flat sheet and sewed the quilt and sheet together like a huge pillowcase, with the flap on the bottom with fancy snaps to keep the doona in and not gaping at the bottom.

I have made a few quilts into doona covers like this.

Until next posting...
Cheers...Jewells

No comments:

Post a Comment