Monday, November 1, 2010

Learnt at Sewing Retreat

Well I am home... for 2 days, then off again, but here is what I learnt and made:
Believe it or not, this is machine embroidery on WOOD....



This is embroidery with a twin needle and ordinary needle.. great for making napkins:



and now here is applique with an embroidery design:



This can be turned into a doily or a Christmas ornament... I just have to place it into a tub of cold water and the plastic stuff will melt away and just leave the thread in that design:



We embroidered on a towel:



and I also embroidered 20 x 12" blocks "on point" and now I have to sew another 20 patchwork blocks to make into a queen sized quilt... it is a quilt as you go ....



So, as you can see, I was quite busy while I was away... I have learnt a lot and hopefully haven't forgotten all of it!!

Until next post...

Cheers...Jewells

1 comment:

  1. wow - you've done so much!!! well done - it all looks great
    xx

    ReplyDelete