Monday, April 18, 2011

2 Books I Just Read

A friend from the States sent me these 2 books to read:



They are true stories written by Jeannette Walls. The first book she wrote was The Glass Castle, which is her life story so far, then her second book was Half Broke Horses, which is her Maternal Grandmother's life which the author wrote in the first person.

My friend suggested that I read the second book first, which I did. I absolutely LOVED Half Broke Horses, couldn't put it down.

I then read The Glass Castle. Yes it was very good, but it upset me greatly... how could parents be like that?... this book reminded me of "Angela's Ashes" by Frank McCourt.. another book that upset me.

Have you read either of these books? if so, what did you think?

Until next post...
Cheers...Jewells

No comments:

Post a Comment