Sunday, September 18, 2011

One done, Two to go

I just finished the first of three quilts that I have to bind. This one is for my grand daughter.

My daughter bought 2 panels and asked me to make them up as is ("don't add any borders") as she wants them to put on the end of their beds, so they can grab them and sit on them, drag them about or wrap themselves up in them anytime and anywhere and if they get grubby or damaged it won't matter. For this one I found a bright pink backing and used the same fabric for the binding. For the wadding, I cut into an old double bed "Onkaparinga" pure wool blanket (that has been machine washed many times).. perfect for this sort of thing.

Until next post...
Cheers...Jewells

3 comments:

  1. very nice Julie,she will love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that owl fabric.I am sure the kids will love it.
    Waht a great idea to use the old woolen blanket for wadding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, what a pretty panel Julie, it's really sweet. The quilts will be posted this weekend :o) I think I've decided which ones to send :o>
    toni xxx

    ReplyDelete