Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Update your blog Mum!

My daughter phoned me last night and told me to update my blog, as she says that it has been too long since the last post, so I grabbed my camera and looked for something new to show you.

My first photo is a belated Birthday gift from a friend who knows I love Bingo (tragic isn't it?).  I go once a week and have withdrawal symptoms if I don't go.  I have taken this bag with my markers and money since receiving it.

It says "I only play BINGO on days that end in "Y"
Next is a photo of my Choko vine taking over.  The 2 trees it is growing over is a Banksia Tree and a Bottlebrush Tree and underneath is what I call "Pennyweed" but the real name is Nasturtium. At the moment I have only picked one choko, but there are many, many baby chokos coming on.

Now I have 2 different Frangapanni trees...this one is the traditional white with yellow centre and is huge, shading the corner of my house, and sending out a wonderful perfume with all the flowers.
 
Then across the yard is the other Frangapanni, called "Tropical".
Well that is it for now... no sewing or knitting being done as I am preserving fig jam every 3rd day, along with cucumber pickles and Curry Ketchup on the other days.

Until next post....

Cheers....Jewells

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jewells nice to see you post again.
    Nice Bingo bag your frind made for your birthday.
    I love frangipanis and I have just got one to strike for me. Can't wait to see what colour it will be.

    ReplyDelete