Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Finished BARGAIN Quilt


A few weeks ago, at a garage sale, I picked up a plastic bag that contained fabric.  It had $3 on the bag.  Upon inspection I saw that there seemed to be a quilt had been started and heaps of pieces and templates included. 
The lady who was selling it said that there was the makings of a 40" square quilt in the bag that was started but never finished.  I thought to myself that the fabric alone was well worth the asking price of $3, so I bought it and took it home.


 
An old photo of Mum at the machine
Mum has been staying with me for a few weeks and I showed her the started quilt and she decided she would see if she would be able to finish piecing it.  My Mum is a perfectionist and always has beautiful seams, and she pain stakingly matches the corners, but this proved to be quite a challenge as the pre-cut pieces weren't cut with a lot of care and she had trouble  matching corners. She managed to get every corner but one to meet, but who can see that?
I raided my stash for the outside yellow border and also the matching red binding to make the quilt larger. 
I am VERY happy with the finished quilt (and so is Mum).
Until next post...
Cheers...Jewells

2 comments:

  1. Your Mum has done a fabulous job of putting the lovely bargain quilt together. Sew pleased you bought it and it was not just thrown away..
    did Mum do the quilting too??

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a treasure you found...and now it's all finished to be enjoyed...your Mum did a great job!

    ReplyDelete