Monday, August 6, 2012

Bobsey Twins & Amish

Home today as it is "Mechanic's Picnic Day"... ok, ok, I'm not a mechanic, but I am the secretary at a mechanical workshop!
So, I slept in, then did the washing of the linen, cooked a vegetable & bacon quiche and cut out 2 pairs of size 2 pyjamas for a birthday present in a few weeks, plus.......
 I have started cleaning out my cupboards for my big move and I came across this set of books I bought from an Antique Shop while I was in the States last year.


It is the first 12 books in the "Bobbsey Twins" series by Laura Lee Hope.  I don't think they were read that much here in Australia, but I could be wrong, as I was not a reader when I was young, only started reading later in life.   Has anyone read these books?

...... talking of my trip to the States, I bought the 2 Amish dolls a couple of visits ago, and the last time I found this "Nancy Noel" print of an Amish girl against a quilt.  They are on permanent display in my dining room.
 

Must go and sew up the pyjamas.

Until next post...

Cheers...Jewells



           

2 comments:

  1. No have never read those books...
    Your amish dolls are cute.
    Hope you got to stitch up your PJ's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVED those books when I was little! My Mom read them when she was a girl, passed her collection on to me when I started to read, and I added on to it- I must have about 50 Bobsey twin books- they were the greatest! I would read a book a day at times- just couldn't put them down :-) ( sadly my kids won't read them though.... I guess we've hit the Harry Potter era)

    ReplyDelete