Sunday, February 23, 2014

A light bulb moment & UFO

I was browsing through a magazine before I filed it with my thousands of other magazines and had one of those light bulb moments....
Instead of marking pages with sticky notes, then filing it away....
or laying a magazine near my machine, open on a page I really like...
I should organise myself and just grab a magazine at random and force myself to make one of the projects in that magazine... and keep doing that every month for a year, ending up with 12 random items from 12 random magazines.

Shame I didn't think of that at the end of last year and made it a 2014 project of the year!... maybe next year... AND I might even blog about it and ask for fellow participants to egg me (and each other) on.

After that light bulb moment, I decided to pull out one of my UFOs and finish it...

Believe it or not, I only have 2 quilting UFOs and they are both BOMs.  (I have a knitting UFO and a crochet UFO as well).  One of the quilting UFOs, is a Christmas quilt purchased from the Fat Quarter Shop, a few years ago.  I have made all the blocks and only have to join them & add the borders...I have all the fabric to make it up...

... the other UFO is from a shop in Orange NSW.  It is made up of beautiful Japanese styled fabrics...very rich in colours...(photo taken at night time under artificial light, so the colours aren't their true vibrant self).

Today, I started & finished "Month 10" which are the 4 corners before the borders.  Next will be "Month 11" which is sashing the 9 blocks together and joining in the 4 corner blocks.  "Month 12" is adding more borders and finishing the quilt.  Again I have all the fabric...even the backing for this one.

Until next post...
Jewells

No comments:

Post a Comment