Friday, June 26, 2015

"Me Time" sewing today

 I have been busy quilting for customers lately, but today, as I am not feeling 100% (sore throat and temperature) I decided to do some sewing for me.

2 nights ago, I tided up one shelf (in my built in wardrobe) in my sewing room and came across 2 kits I have completely forgotten about.
Both kits were bought at Polar Fabrics, near my friend's place in USA.  I bought heaps there that day, as it was warm, cosy & welcoming in the shop and inches of snow on the ground and still snowing with a strongish breeze outside.

 I kept the 2 kits out, as I knew they would be forgotten again if I put them back on the shelf.
It was a pleasure to "play" today.  I actually followed the cutting instructions to the letter (I usually add more to make things bigger) and the pieces just fell into place.
 
 I had some scraps of wadding (as you do) and the backing plus binding came in the kit.

I have learnt from experience, that even though there are hundreds of stitching patterns on the quilting machine, the "meander" stitch suits place-mats the best.
 I have not decided what I am going to do with it...
sell it, send it in one of the swaps I am in or even keep it for myself.

While I was playing sewing today, 2 large quilts arrived from customers, plus I had one here I should have quilted instead of making this place-mat.

Even though I LOVE quilting for customers (after all these years of work, I am eventually LOVING the work I now do (quilting for others)...
..... one has to have "me time" every now and again.

Until next post...
Jewells

2 comments:

  1. It's nice to play "just because" sometimes. It has turned out beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jewells that's really sweet and come on tell us did you only have 2 kits in the cupboard?

    ReplyDelete