Sunday, May 29, 2016

Just Finished

Earlier this year, while I was away on "Nanna Duties", I took some embroidery to do in any spare time I had.
There were 7 patterns (one missing from this photo), so I embroidered a blue set and a pink set.
 Using fabric from my stash, I complemented the embroidered squares with a cute nursery theme.
 
As the 7th square didn't fit in with my layout, I again looked in my stash and came across a fabric that had nappy pins as the print...that made my mind up on which embroidered square to use in a third quilt.

 Using the nappy pin fabric as the light contrast, I made up this quilt yesterday afternoon, then quilted & bound it this morning.

I have become very UN-satisified with the 100% Australian cotton wadding I purchased a while ago... I bought 4 HUGE rolls, and am finding that the thickness varies considerably.... so much so, I have used TWO LAYERS of wadding in this quilt.

As I am unhappy with that wadding,  I decided to buy different wadding from a different supplier and use up the 100% cotton I have on my own quilts... or smallish customer quilts (less than 46" in width) all at double thickness.

Anyone else having problems with 100% cotton being too thin??????
This "third" quilt (yellow) measures 35" x 44"
.... as yet, I haven't finished the "first" quilt (pink one) and haven't started the "third" quilt (blue one).

Until next post...
Jewells

3 comments:

  1. Such cute baby quilts... Oh how annoying to have purchased your rolls of wadding no it's too thin. Can you return it.? I haven't had the problem with my cotton and it's a cheaper one too as I do sew many kids and community quilts...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the batting to be thicker....feels more snug.....

    ReplyDelete